Sponsorship – General Terms & Conditions
- 1. These terms and conditions have been drafted with the objective to maintain satisfied sponsors. To the extent these terms and conditions set forth certain deadlines and other related requirements, they are based on the necessity to submit timely input to printers, organizers and website designers that support the sponsorships.
- 2. GATA will select sponsors in its sole discretion, taking into consideration its general purpose as a U.S. Not-or-Profit Organization designed to support German corporations.
- 3. The main objective regarding all sponsorships is continuity. It is in both GATA’s and the sponsor’s interest that in each area of business in which German corporations require support, a reliable, long-term partner corporation is available. The chosen sponsor will receive all referrals from GATA in its specific area of business.
- 4. The scope and fee of each sponsorship will be agreed upon individually with each sponsor.
- 5. If a sponsorship is conducted through printed materials, the sponsor must provide logos and images in the format requested by GATA and within the time frame specified by GATA. In cases where such deadlines are missed through no fault of GATA, and as a result the sponsorship fails, the sponsorship fee remains non-refundable.
- 6. If GATA must cancel an event due to lack of participation or other unforeseen circumstances, including, but not limited to, an act of god, such as strike, fire, natural catastrophes etc. the sponsorship fee will be refunded, unless the event is rescheduled within 6-months.
- 7. If the scope of sponsoring comprises multiple opportunities, as is frequently the case (e.g.: mailing followed by a seminar event), and the event is being cancelled as set out in Section 7, 50% of the sponsorship fee will be reimbursed.
- 8. GATA shall not be liable for damage or loss to a sponsor’s properties through fire, theft, accident, or any other cause during an event.
- 9. This sponsorship agreement shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of New York. The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New York State courts and agree that the exclusive venue shall lie in New York County, New York.
Seminars – General Terms & Conditions
- 1. Organization
All seminars are planned and organized by the German-American Trade Association (GATA). Fees cover seminar materials, a certificate of participation, lunch, coffee and refreshments. Participants’
expenses for travel and accommodation are not included.
- 2. Registration
- In the event that the seminar conference rooms are limited to a certain number of participants (as is the case most frequently), GATA will accommodate applications for which the seminar fees has been paid in the order of receipt. Rejected applications will receive priority for the upcoming event.
- 3. Cancellation by GATA
- If GATA has to cancel an event due to lack of participation or other unforeseen circumstances, including, but not limited to, an act of god, such as strike, fire, natural catastrophes etc. the Participants have the option to either reschedule to the next GATA event taking place within one (1) year from the event cancelled, or GATA will refund one hundred percent (100%) of the seminar fee. However, GATA shall under no circumstances be liable for any cancellation fees or other expenses incurred on behalf of the participants for flights, hotels, etc.
- 4. Cancellation by Participants
- Once a registration has been confirmed, it may be cancelled free of charge up to eight (8) weeks prior to the event. For cancellations between four (4) and eight (8) weeks prior to the event, GATA shall deduct a cancellation fee of twenty five percent (25%) from the refund of the seminar fee, for cancellations less than four (4) weeks prior to the event, fifty percent (50%) cancellation fee is due.
Participation may be rescheduled to the next GATA event taking place within one (1) year from theevent rescheduled against a rescheduling fee of ten percent (10%) of the seminar fee, provided, however, that GATA must receive notice no later than four (4) weeks prior to the event rescheduled Thereafter, GATA shall deduct a rescheduling fee of twenty five percent (25%) of the seminar fee in the event of rescheduling.
If Participants find themselves unable to attend the event, they may assign their participation to another business executive within their company up to fourteen (14) days prior to the event against ten percent (10%) administrative fee. However, the substitute manager must have the position and educational background the event is designed for. In order to assure the superior quality of the events, GATA reserves the right to reject assignees in its fair and reasonable discretion.
- 5. Payment of Participation Fees
- The seminar fee must be paid in full within ten (10) days after the registration has been confirmed by GATA by sending the respective invoice. If payment has not been made within that time period, the application may be put on a hold and priority granted to a participant whose fee has been paid, as described in more details in Section 2, above.
- 6. GATA reserves the right to change the participation Fee at any time. The participation fee set at the time of the registration will remain untouched.
- 7. Participants’ Personal data
- GATA will keep any personal and corporate data of participants’ strictly confidential and will utilize such data for its own marketing and advertising purposes only. In no event will such data be sold, leased, or otherwise provided to third parties.
- 8. Changes within Event
- GATA reserves the right to make changes regarding speakers, topics, schedules and venues, however, limited to the extent that the prime objective of the seminar maintains its
- 9. Applicable Law & Dispute Settlement
- This participation agreement shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of New York. The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New York State courts and
agree that exclusive venue shall lie in New York County, New York.