Public contracts and procurement procedures
Orders from governmental departments and agencies provide foreign companies with a lucrative field of activity in the U.S. market. Due to the high technical standards and the excellent quality of their products, companies from the German region often have an advantage over their competitors. However, they can only make full use of this advantage if they successfully overcome the legal and bureaucratic hurdles of U.S. procurement procedures. To this end, the following requirements are essential:
- Knowledge of the requirements of the U.S. procurement law, in particular the Federal
- Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defence Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Knowledge of other provisions for the protection of national interests (such as the Buy American Act)
- Experience in handling administrative proceedings
- Existing contacts within the responsible government agencies
The GATA and its partners assist your company in this area, check the extensive contract documents and applicable legal requirements, and ensure that negotiations with the authorities are conducted as quickly and productively as possible.
Consultants and Service Providers
Entry into the U.S. Market
Subject-Specific Individual Questions
Company Formation – Yes or No?
Trade Shows or Studies?
Protection from Contractual Liability
Visa & Work Permits
Public Contracts and Procurement Procedures